About The Cable Crunch Exercise
A major advantage of performing the cable crunch exercise is the fact that the weight stack makes progression quite easy. The option to add resistance also allows you to reach fatigue faster and more importantly, the added resistance will help to recruit the fast twitch muscle fibers that are responsible for strength and power.
Get A Free Workout Program
Detailed Workout Programs Designed By Certified Personal Trainers.
Get Them Now!
- Select either the rope or a V-bar attachment and hook it onto the cable column. Place an exercise mat on the ground to pad your knees.
- Grasp handle using a neutral grip, bend down to knees and position the V-bar/rope behind head.
- Initiate abdominal set and position knees slightly behind body.
- Exhale, contract the abdominals and draw your torso towards the ground. The finishing position should have your elbows in contact with the mat.
- Inhale and at a controlled speed, move back up to starting position.
- Repeat until desired number of repetitions are completed.