About The Exercise
The core region is the centre-point in which speed and strength stems from. A well developed core will improve both athletic performance and the efficiency at which you complete your everyday activities. The functional aspect of the core twist is what makes it so effective. It’s a movement that incorporates and develops core stability, rotary efficiency and body awareness. You should certainly consider incorporating this core strength exercise into your routine.
Get A Free Workout Program
Detailed Workout Programs Designed By Certified Personal Trainers.
Get Them Now!
- Position one end of an Olympic sized barbell in a secure position, preferably between the walls of a nearby corner.
- Load the opposing end with barbells to increase the difficulty of the exercise. Lift the weighted end upwards and grasp the bar with both hands at shoulder height. The bar should be at approximately a 45 degree angle.
- Position your shoulders square to the bar. Bend knees slightly and tighten up your abdominals.
- Inhale and without excessively bending the elbows, slowly drop weight off to your side.
- Exhale and after the momentum is controlled, rotate the bar in a semi-circle to the other side.
- Repeat until the desired number of repetitions are completed.