About The Exercise
Your abs are strong and you really don’t have the time to perform sets of 50 repetitions before failure is reached? Well, if this is the case, medicine ball ab exercises are your solution. The addition of a medicine ball will help bring your muscles to failure a lot quicker. However, medicine ball crunches are commonly performed incorrectly. Notable techniques for optimal execution include lowering the torso back slowly during the decent and allowing the medicine ball to roll off the fingertips during the crunch motion. The most common mistake made by trainees is the extended delay in throwing the medicine ball. Not allowing the medicine ball to roll of the fingertips during the ascent and throwing it to your partner once already in an upright position will simplify the movement and defeat the purpose of the exercise.
Get A Free Workout Program
Detailed Workout Programs Designed By Certified Personal Trainers.
Get Them Now!
- While seated upright on a mat with heels making contact with the ground and the knees bent, hold a medicine ball overhead with the arms extended.
- Inhale and lower the body down towards the mat at a controlled speed.
- Exhale and sit up while allowing the medicine ball to roll off your fingertips and into the hands of your training partner.
- Briefly hold the upright contracted position with arms extended overhead until your partner tosses the medicine ball back into your hands.
- Repeat until the desired number of repetitions are completed.